Thursday, April 5, 2012

A Lot of Gonna Do... Still.Waiting for Already Did......

My eyes are not bigger than my stomach...it's only that I have a Quest for Learning (Right?!).

I was at the LQS showing the owner the inner border fabric I wanted and she said, "Are you planning to miter the corners?" 



I hadn't even thought of mitering, and if I did, I tried to ignore it as I have been since I started quilting.....and with this striped fabric, I don't know....but it is time.  So before I start cutting, I am going to do a little practice....Like Learning How!!...

This next Monday, I will be taking the B/B fabric and cutting 4X8 rectangles to use on the outer border, laid end to end.  Maybe I'll miter those also...Nothing like pressure to urge one onward.....

Now for my H2H project.....Another learning curve.  Or relearning refreshed......

I am using triangles to fill in the spaces for my final go-around.  I have done this  before, but only on a Mystery Quilt.  At the time I wasn't sure what I was doing because I didn't have all the steps at once.  I am practicing with another fabric before I cut into the one I want so I can be sure, or relatively sure, of what I am doing. 


Doesn't the folded fabric cling well to my wall?  It is heavier than the layout and I was lucky it didn't fall while I was focusing the camera...

I really am not trying to prolong the results of these two projects....they seem to have a life of their own and are telling me how things are...It's like I don't have any say so with the results.  Eventually I will be able to be back in control.

Back the the school house for lessons....see you later.....

P.S.  Did I tell you that my B/B is larger than king size.  Yep, later I'll get to use the bonding tape to make the batting larger...Another first....

No comments: